Organise your own event
Where To Start
1. MAKE A PLAN! Planning is key to a successful and happy fundraising activity
2. Decide how you’re going to raise funds: Choose something you enjoy and that will be popular with others. Hundreds of ideas – here
- Get Sponsored: Sponsorship is a great way to fund raise, particularly if you are taking on an active challenge such as a run or long-distance cycle. You can collect donations via mycharity.ie or with our good old-fashioned sponsorship form included in this pack.
- Organise a collection: This is a very direct and hassle-free way to fundraise. However, as you will be fundraising in a public place, remember to obtain a permit from the Gardai a couple of weeks in advance! Could be a church gate, bag pack, street collection!
- Get your company involved!
- Hold an event: Plan your event well in advance of the date. Estimate how many people will turn up, keep a tight budget, and choose a date that doesn’t clash with any other popular events. Make a timeline to complete each of the necessary tasks and ask some friends for help! You could even have your event sponsored by a local business.
3. Tell the world what you’re doing: Shouting about your fundraising is the best way to make sure it’s a success, so tell everyone you know – and then get them to tell everyone they know too! Send it through the grapevine. Use social media, leaflets and posters.
4. Give everyone a round of applause: Afterwards, thank everyone who helped with the fundraising and donated or showed their support – you may need their help again!
5. Donate! Send you donation to FirstLight:
How Can You Help?
FirstLight offers support and information, and promotes research into the sudden, unexpected, often unexplained deaths of infants and young children. With your continued support we can continue to provide our services for free across Ireland.